Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Guide to Sleep

The past several months I've found that I can't fall asleep without listening to chatter, particularly the Ricky Gervais podcast series.  I have a fondness for the likes of Mr. Karl Pilkington, aka "Round Shaven Chimp with a Head Like a Fucking Orange".  Ricky dubs him many colourful derogatory terms and he is "the best idiot in the world".

Many of Karl's ideas are primitive and childlike, but what I respect about him most is his abilitiy to take the insults in stride.  Lord knows I certainly couldn't handle someone like Ricky.  Ricky is a man who can dish it out, but can't take (at least not from Karl).  I do enjoy his comedic style, though and his awkwardly infectious laugh.

And of course there is Stephen Merchant who is probably my most favourite of the three.  He is one of the greatest story tellers I've ever heard.  If you haven't heard his story of his trip to Rio de Janeiro, look for it (Season 2 Episode 2).  I've heard it over 50 times and it still makes me laugh out loud...in bed :)

Photo 19/365:


No comments:

Post a Comment