Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dreams

Dreams are weird.  My dreams are weird.


the internet is also weird
I woke up at 6 am this morning.  Mushi was purring away beside me, his head on my pillow facing me with his little kitten breath on my nose.  It was really sweet cause he's been a bit of a jerk cat lately, but that's for another post. 
As I woke from my deep slumber, I was momentarily convinced in my dreamy state that Mushi was an Organic Salmon and I was petting it.  You know your salmon is really fresh when it purrs and what with it's shiny coat and all.  I think I may have visited St. Lawrence Market one too many times this week.  Dreams are weird.

When I was a kid, my stepfather got me into the habit writing down my dreams when I woke up.  As most kids do, I had nightmares frequently.  I had my notebook handy by the bed and when I had a bad dream I would write down what I could remember.  Also, I would draw a cool picture of my accounts, which made it fun!

One dream that I can still vividly recall now makes me laugh.  I was about 7 or 8 years old.  I was the last human on earth and it had been taken over by cows.  After failing to hide from them, I was captured and enslaved to put up posters for milk.  As I brushed the paste on a fence and put up a poster, I peered over the fence to find a huge vat of milk being stirred by the cows. Then I woke up screaming.  That has to be a terrifying way for parents to wake up.

Writing my dreams down when I was a kid was fun, but I don't think I'd enjoy the task now.  I'd sooner forget many of the dreams I've had in my adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment